Are You Prepared…
…For The Day?
How do you start your day? Is it “playing hide and seek”? You can find the left shoe, where is the right shoe, the car keys….hmmmm. I recently heard a speaker talk about women’s issues. She said “time is not a commodity, it is a gift.” I know the term time management has been over used, and the fact that we cannot make time, but use time effectively is all we can do.
To effectively be prepared for today, you must begin the night before and sometimes on your way home from work. Never go home on an empty tank of gas. A trip to the grocery store may be in order, depending on the needs of the next day (coffee, milk for cereal, a stop at the cleaners to pick up or drop off?) It all begins with a look ahead at your needs.
Before going to bed, make sure you:
- pick out and inspect clothes for mystery spots, wrinkles, missing buttons, matching pants or skirt
- decide what accessories and shoes will be worn with that outfit
- pack up briefcase and / or purse
- charge your cell phone
- lay out your keys, sunglasses, possibly an umbrella
When preparing children:
- make sure their clothes are ready for the next day
- backpacks are packed and ready, including signed papers to be returned to school
- lunches are prepared the night before
- prepare for any after school activity
- cell phones are in parent’s room overnight to insure a good night’s sleep for your child
These time saving tips will help your mornings go smoothly. Everything goes so much better, when you are prepared!